Spring Flower Show on International Women’s Day at DAV College Bathinda
A Spring Flower Show featuring a wide palette of flowers was organized on the occasion of International Women’s Day in DAV College Bathinda. The atmosphere pervaded with a joyful celebration of hues and fragrance of flowers. The Chief Guest on the occasion was Dr. Reena Rani, Department of Horticulture, Bathinda. The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma , Convener Dr. Vandana Jindal, Coordinator Prof. Meetu S Wadhwa, Dr. Satish Grover (Head, Department of English) and Dr. Monica Ghulla (Head, Department of Hindi) welcomed the Chief Guest, guests and participants.Various species of flowers were on display. To add to fun and frolic, a variety of competitions were also organized. More than 100 entries were received for “Best Flowers” (variable category), “Best Ornamental Plant” category, “Best Floral Photography”, “Best Cut Flower “ (variable category), “Best Flower Arrangement”, “Best Bonsai” and “Floral Jewellery Design” . Prizes and certificates were awarded for the same.
- he Revered Presence of Sh. Satpal Arya Ji on the Occasion of Rishibodhutsav on 7th March 2020, at DAV College Bathinda. The Department of Hindi and the Arya Samaj Committee of DAV College Bathinda organized a solemn Hawan Yagna on the occasion of Rishibodhutsav. The Chief Guest on the occasion was Sh. Satpal Arya Ji (Secretary, DAV College Managing Committee, New Delhi). The Chief Guest and other guests were accorded a warm welcome by the staff members. The Hawan-Yajna was sanctified with the chanting of gayatri and vedic mantras. The rendition of the bhajan “Milta Hai Sacha Sukh Kewal” by the students imbued everybody’s heart with pious and sacred feelings.
- Donation of Water Coolers by State Bank of India to DAV College Bathinda on 02 march 2020. DAV College Bathinda feels privileged to be blessed by its benefactors from all spheres of society. The college feels nostalgic and proud of its alumni who render their services in every possible way. Sh. Pawan Kumar Goyal, Regional manager, SBI Bathinda and an alumnus of the college alongwith Sh. SubhashJoinwal, General Manager, SBI, FIMM Network, Patiala visited the college and donated two water coolers.
- The Student Welfare Association of DAV College Bathinda observed the National Deworming Day (NDD) on February 10, 2020 on its campus with the aid of the team of experts from Civil Hospital, Bathinda.
- Reviving the love for open skies: Kite Flying Competition on 30th jan, 2020 at DAV College Bathinda
- Students wins 3rd position in the wall paintings competition organized by PEDA.
- Sanitary Napkin Vending Machine Installed at DAV College Bathinda on 28th Sep, 2019. The machine was installed under the supervision of the IQAC Coordinator Dr. Kusum Gupta and has been donated by the Inner Wheel Club of Bathinda. It was inaugurated by the President Inner Wheel Club Ms. Renu Garg, Secretary Ms. Kiran Seth and other members of the club.
- The Post Graduate Department of Mathematics organised a presentation on “Pure Mathematics” for the students of M.Sc. I and M.Sc. II.
- The Post Graduate Department of Commerce and Management, organised Rangoli, Slogan Writing and Collage making competitions. The first and the second positions in the Rangoli competition were won by Ruchi (B.Com III) and Veenakshi (B.Com II) respectively. In Slogan Writing the first and second positions were won by Ruchi (B.Com III) and Kajal (B.Com III) respectively.
- The ACME Chemical Society of the Post Graduate Department of Chemistry organised Calligraphy, Quiz, Poster Making and Poster Presentation Competitions for the B.Sc. and M.Sc. students.
- Lohri Celebrations: Praying to the Almighty to inculcate a sense of righteousness amongst everybody, the sacred festival Lohri was celebrated with much enthusiasm. On this auspicious occasion folk songs were sung, a bonfire was lit and the offering of peanuts, popcorns and rewari was made.
- National Voters Day: National Voters Day, organised by the SVEEP committee, was observed in the college to create awareness about the necessity of voting and voting rights amongst the youth.
- Republic Day Celebrations: Saluting the valiant spirit of the soldiers who leave the cocoon of their hearths, the 70th Republic Day at the college was celebrated with great reverence and enthusiasm
- Matribhasha Diwas: The PG Department of Punjabi celebrated Matribhasha Diwas, Mother Tongue Day. To commemorate this occasion, students participated in various literary competitions like poetry, prose, and story writing. They expressed themselves poignantly in their revered mother tongue.
- ASCII club organized the Poster Making competition . So many students participated in this activity.
- ASCII club organized Ball Painting Competition on 16-Oct-2018
- Bhog Ceremony of Shri Akhand Path Sahib: Holy Path of Shri Guru Granth Sahib was commenced by the students and staff of the college, at Gurudwara Singh Sabha, Bibiwala Road, Bathinda. The bhog ceremony of Shri Akhand Path Sahib was solemnized with the recitation of shabad kirtans and holy hymns in the college premises.
- Prizes Won by Students of Phyics Dept.: The students of the Department of Physics won prizes in live projects at INOVIZ 2019 organised by Baba Farid College, Deon Bathinda.
- 3rd Annual Quiz Competition: The PG Department of Commerce and Management in collaboration with IQAC organized 3rd Annual Quiz Competition.
- Declamation Competition: The PG Department of Commerce and Management organized a Declamation Competition. The students enthusiastically presented their views on various current and socially relevant topics.
- Rangoli and Poster Making Competition organized by the ASCII Club of the Computer Science Department.
- Essay Writing Competition organized by Post Graduate Department of History.
- “Tarang 2017”: The programme was organized to celebrate the victory of the students at Zonal and the Inter Zonal Youth Festival organized by Punjabi University, Patiala. The items presented in the cultural programme were those which had fetched first and second prize in the Zonal and the Inter Zonal Youth Festival. The Chief Guest of the event was Dr. Ramesh Arya Ji, Vice President, DAV College Managing Committee, New Delhi.
- Holy Path of ‘Shri Guru Granth Sahib’ was commenced by the students and staff of DAV College, Bathinda at Gurudwara Shri Kalgidhar Sahib, Bibiwala Road, Bathinda. The bhog ceremony of Shri Akhand Path Sahib was solemnized with the recitation of Shabad Kirtan and holy hymns in the premises of the college.
- The ACME Chemical Society of the Post Graduate Department of Chemistry, celebrated National Science Day by organizing poster making and debate competitions.
- The Biological Society (BIOSOC) of the Department of Biology, celebrated National Science Day by organizing model making and slogan writing competitions.
- The English Literary Society of the Post Graduate Department of English organized a Quiz Competition for the students of MA English.
- The Computer Department organized a Kite Making Competition on January 31, 2017 on the eve of Basant Panchami.
- The Arya Samaj Committee organized Declamation/ Poetry Competition on the topic “Let’s Make the World a Better Place”.
- Many students participated enthusiastically in the programme and came up with many thought provoking ideas.
- The endowed students left an indelible impression on the minds of the audience in “Le Economist”, an event organized at Akal University, Talwandi Sabo. 14 students of DAV College participated in various events, namely, Quiz, Declamation, Poster Making and Collage Making. Ansh Gupta. They exhibited their acumen and won second position in the Quiz competition and declamation.
- Declamation Competition organized by The “English Literary Society” on the topic “Importance of English at Global Level”.
- Video making competition organized by The ASCII club
- Two girls of DAV College, Bathinda won second prize in “Iktara Wajda” in Inter College Music competition, organized by Mata Sahib Kaur Girls College, Talwandi Sabo.
- Beant Singh stood 2nd in Inter College Youth Festival in “Turban Tying Competition” organized at AdeshUniversity(Medical College), Bhucho. Around 300 students participated in the competition.
- Students of Science Association (Physics, Chemistry and Biology departments) participated in the Science Fair and Quiz competitions at Akal University, Talwandi Sabo, Bathinda.
- Nikita, MA I year, won II prize in Essay Competition on “Voter Awareness”, held at Govt. Rajindra College.
- IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers) National Graduate Physics Examination (NGPE-2016) was conducted on 24/01/2016.
- Three students of B.Sc.-II(B) participated in Science Mania-2016 (Quiz and Declamation) organized by Guru Nanak College, Sri Mukatsar Sahib.
- NSS organized a special lecture on the life of SardarVallabh Bhai Patel. Prof. Sandeep Bhatia, NSS Programme officer delivered a lecture on the inspirational life of the Loh Purush.
- NSS organized a special lecture on the life of Swami Vivekanand. Dr. R.K. Mahajan, President, Swami Vivekanand Study Circle, delivered the lecture.
- An essay writing competition was organized in the campus on LalaLajpatRai’s 150th birth anniversary.
- A Poster Making Competition was organized on National Science Day, jointly by Departments of Chemistry, Physics and Biology. More than 50 students of various streams participated in the competition.
- World Culture Festival: 15 students of DAV college participated in the World Culture Festival, held at Delhi. A total of 155 countries participated in the event. These 15 students were part of the Bhangra team which comprised of 1100 students.
- NSS organized a function of Red Ribbon Club in which a documentary film “Awareness on Aids”, a Government of India initiative was screened for the students of the college.
- Four students of the Economics Department Participated in Inter-College Paper Reading Contest on the topic ‘Indian Economy and Its Growing Dimensions’ organized by DAV College Malout on 21st March 2016.
- The effervescent team of the Punjabi movie “KyaFarakPadtaHai”visited the campus of DAV College, Bathinda for the promotion of their film. It is a multi starrer film, featuring artists like Navy Jassal, Pankaj Berry, Kalpana Shah, SatishManak, Ashok Shah etc. The film is directed by Mr. JatinderJiaswal and produced by Mr. Navy Jassal.