Prof. Munish Kumar
Asstt. Prof. (Department of Mathematics)
Battalion: 20 PB BN NCC Bathinda
National Cadet Corps (NCC)
The National Cadet Corps (India) constituted under NCC Act of 1948, has its Head Quarters at New Delhi. The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization recruiting cadets from high schools, colleges and universities all over India. The cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades.
The origin of theNCC can be traced back to the First World War when the Britishers created the University Corps as the second line of defence to have a large pool of trained youth available for employment into the Armed Forces.
After independence on 16 April 1948 the NCC came under the Ministry ofDefence, Government of India.
The Girls Division of the NCC was started in July 1949 and in April 1950 Air Wing was added. Afterwards the Naval Wing was raised in July 1952, thus completing the true representation of all services in the Corp.
“Unity and Discipline” is its motto and it was adopted on 23 Dec 1957.
In 1954 the tricolour flag was hosted. The three colours in the flag represent the three services of the Corps, red for the Army, deep blue for the Navy and light blue for the Air Force. The letters NCC and the NCC crest in gold in the middle of the flag encircled by a wreath of lotus, give the flag a colourful look and a distinct identity. Each lotus represents one NCC Directorate (Dte).
Aims and Objectives of NCC
- To inculcate the attributes of character, courage comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship.
- To orient the youth towards providing selfless service to all the sections of the society.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and offering oneself for serving the Nation.
- To provide a conducive environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2019-20
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2022-23
NCC Enrollment at DAV College Bathinda. (18 Sep., 2023)
DAV College Bathinda organized NCC enrollment 2023-24 for the Ist year undergraduate classes on its campus. A total of 84 boys and 12 girls registered for the enrollment, out of which 13 boys and 5 girls were selected.
The candidates were selected on the basis of their participation in co curricular activities, level of confidence, fitness and those possessing NCC ‘A’ certificate. A thorough introspection and selection was done under the supervision of 20 Pb Bn, NCC Bathinda. The entire programme was organized under the stewardship of NCC Officer Lt. Munish Kumar.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma welcomed the members of 20 Pb Bn, Bathinda and congratulated the newly enrolled candidates. He applauded the tireless efforts of Lt. Munish Kumar, ANO. He also stated that NCC unit orients the youth towards providing selfless service to all the sections of the society, thus working towards creating a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth and wished luck to the newly enrolled students.
Professor Munish Kumar joins as ANO officer (14 Sep., 2023)
After the successful completion of the PRCN SD 172 course at Officer Training Academy, Kamptee, Professor Munish Kumar from the department of Mathematics, joined the college on September 14 ,2023. The principal of the college, Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma, Vice Principal, Professor Praveen Kumar Garg, Registrar, Dr. Satish Grover and Staff Secretary, Professor Kuldeep Singh, extended a warm embrace to welcome Professor Munish, after his completion of an intense training of 90 days. The Principal congratulated Professor Munish, for being ranked as Lieutenant and acknowledged this dedicated effort for the training. The course included Weapon Training, Drill, Map Reading, Physical Training, Personality development and Life skills, and Officer Like Qualities etc.
The Principal, Lady NCC Officers Prof. Neha Sharma and Prof. Heena Bindal, Prof. Atul Singla and NCC cadets attended the proud moment of felicitating Lieutenant Munish. Professor Munish informed the cadets about the severity of discipline and the ethic of Unity at the course.
DAV College Bathinda Cadets Participate in ATC-63 NCC Camp (13 Sept 2023)
DAV College Bathinda NCC cadets, under the aegis of 20 PbBN NCC and the supervision of CO Col. K.S. Mathur, participated in the NCC Annual Training Camp (ATC)-63, organized at TPD Malwa Punjabi University College, Rampura Phul, from 22nd –31st August, 2023. The training was imparted by the Permanent Instructors (PI) Staff. The cadets were trained in the use of weapons, drill and firing. Besides the training imparted, sports, group discussions, cultural events, poster making and rangoli competitions and many other competitions were also organized for the holistic development of the cadets.
Cadets exhibited their mettle and won medals in many categories. Garima Saini won a gold in written exam, silver for poster making and the Trophy for best SW cadet. Gold medals were also fetched by Jaspreet Kaur in solo singing, Lovejot, Gagan and Jatinder won a gold for rendering help. The cadets made their mark by displaying dedication, perseverance and integrity in performing the various duties assigned to them. Sejal, Muskaan, Samridhi and Gautam performed the various tasks allocated to them with complete allegiance.
Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma congratulated the cadets on successful completion of their training. He advised them to always abide by the values and tenets learnt during their training and be a source of inspiration to the youth of today. He also praised the dedicated efforts of the Lady NCC Officers Prof. Neha Sharma and Prof. Heena Bindal for instilling the ideals of discipline and selfless service amongst the cadets and rendering full cooperation.
25 Years of Pokhran Nuclear Tests Anniversary Celebrated (May 12-13, 2023)
The NCC unit of DAV College Bathinda under the aegis of 20 PB BN celebrated the anniversary of 25 Years of Pokhran Nuclear Tests on May 12 & 13, 2023. On this occasion, speeches were delivered by the NCC cadets, wherein cadets presented their views on how to promote the peaceful use of nuclear energy for development of the nation.
Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma conveyed greetings to everyone on this prestigious day. Addressing the NCC cadets and the gathering, he underlined that this occasion provides us an opportunity to commemorate the stupendous feat achieved by the Indian scientists in Pokhran, which made the entire nation proud. He reiterated the importance of technology at every step, stating that technology should be used as a tool for the nation’s progress and not as a means to assert its dominance. He applauded the NCC cadets for their wholehearted participation on the auspicious occasion and exhorted them to always work towards the progress of the nation. He also appreciated the efforts put in by NCC Incharge Prof. Munish and Prof. Neha Sharma in mentoring the students and organizing this event.
The occasion was also graced by the presence of Prof. Atul Singla, Dr. Ranjeet Singh and Dr. Amandeep Kaur.
DAV College Bathinda Celebrates NCC Day (29 nov 2022)
DAV College Bathinda celebrated 74th NCC day on 27 November to reinforce the goals and objectives of the youth organization. On this occasion, poster presentation and speech competitions were organized, wherein cadets presented their views on the key tenets of NCC, namely duty, loyalty, dedication, discipline and sacrifice. The first, second and third prize winners of the competition were Amaan (B.Sc I), Robin (BCA I) and Garima (B.Com II) respectively.
Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma stated that NCC enables the youth to become responsible and accountable for their actions and instills in them leadership qualities. He applauded the NCC cadets for their dedication, sincerity and wholehearted participation on the auspicious occasion of NCC day. He also appreciated the efforts put in by NCC Incharge Prof. Munish and Prof. Neha Sharma.
DAV College Bathinda Observes Vigilance Awareness Week (3 Nov 2022)
The NCC and NSS units of DAV College Bathinda in collaboration with National Disaster Response Force, Bathinda Unit (NDRF) organized an extension lecture on “Preventive Vigilance Measure” to observe National Vigilance Awareness Week. Inspectors Sh. Manoj Bhardwaj, Sh. Rahul Partap Singh and Constables Sh. Gurpreet Singh and Sh. Randher Yadav were warmly welcomed by Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma, NCC Coordinators Prof. Munish Kumar, Prof. Neha Sharma and Prof. Heena Bindal and NSS Coordinators Dr. Surinder Kumar Singla and Prof. Amit Singla.
Sh. Manoj Bhardwaj and Sh. Rahul Partap elaborated on the role of NDRF in the wake of natural and man-made disasters and the necessary steps taken towards designing a systematic disaster management plan. They exhorted the students to always remember the sacrifices made for our independent nation and motivated them to work towards creating a corruption free nation by adopting the right means. The NDRF personnel made an appeal to the students to light up the whole universe with their righteous acts. Students also shared their emphatic ideas and suggestions to curb corruption.
A pledge was administered to the staff and the students for making all concerted efforts to make a corruption free India.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma thanked the NDRF personnel for delivering an enlightening lecture which helps in inculcating moral values amongst students and creating a corruption free India. Dr. Surinder Kumar Singla extended a vote of thanks to the NDRF team.
Vigilance Awareness Week
Date: 03 Nov. 2022
Cadets Participated: 25
Venue: DAV College Bathinda
DAV College Bathinda Participates in Unity Run (31 Oct 2022)
To commemorate the 147th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, which is observed as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, the NCC cadets of DAV College Bathinda under the aegis of 20 PB Bn participated in the “Unity Run”. 20 PB Bn Commanding Officer flagged off the run. The cadets completed the course with utmost zeal and fervor.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma expressed gratitude to Col. K.S. Mathur for motivating the cadets and steering them in the right direction. He also praised the efforts of NCC Officer Prof. Munish for making scrupulous arrangements. Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma stated that the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas draws home a lesson to the youth towards reaffirming their inherent strength and resilience in upholding the unity, integrity, and security of the nation. He further said that the main objective of the celebration is to uplift the nation’s unity and spread awareness about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s immense contribution to Indian history.
DAV College Cadets Participate in the 73rd Republic Day Parade
(12 Sep 2022)
On the occasion of 73rd Republic Day, the NCC cadets of DAV College Bathinda participated in the parade at Govt. Rajendra College with utmost zeal and fervor. The Deputy Chief Minister Sh. O.P. Soni hoisted the flag on this auspicious occasion. The cadets displayed extraordinary aptitude under the able guidance of Col. K.S.Mathur, Commanding Officer, 20 PbBn, NCC Bathinda and ANO Prof. Munish Kumar.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma exchanged Republic Day greetings with the staff and the students. He lauded the cadets for their coordination and synergy during the parade. He also appreciated the Commanding Officer of NCC and the ANO for specialized training imparted to the students.
Date: 31 Aug. to 07 Sept. 2022
Cadets Participated: 16
Venue: Baba Farid College Deon
Independence Day prade
Date: 15 Aug. 2022
Cadets Participated: 08
Venue: Multipurpose Stadium Bathinda
DAV College Bathinda Observes Har Ghar Tiranga Campaign
DAV College Bathinda on the occasion of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav observed ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign to mark the 75th year of India’s independence. This auspicious occasion was graced by the presence of Sh. H.R. Gandhar (Vice President, DAV College Managing Committee, New Delhi) and Dr. K.K. Nohria, Senior Member, Local Committee. The distinguished guests were accorded a warm welcome by the Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma, members of the faculty, administration, general office and the students.
All the members present on the occasion clicked a selfie with the National Flag and also assembled for the group photograph. The occasion invoked a sense of patriotism and pride in every soul and pervaded the atmosphere with jubilation and belongingness.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma congratulated everyone present on the occasion. He stated that this occasion is an embodiment of our commitment and integrity to the nation.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2021-22
Best Cadet Award
DAV College Bathinda felt great joy and honour on witnessing the NCC cadets of the college being felicitated by 20 Pb Bn . The Commanding Officer Col K.S. Mathur honoured Kiranjeet Kaur with the “Best Cadet Award” and Harsimran Kaur with the “2nd Best Cadet Award”. Kiranjeet Kaur and Harsimran Kaur have been chosen as the best cadets on the basis of their outstanding performance in NCC during their three years course. The two proud cadets excelled by competing with 1264 cadets from 18 colleges and 2 universities under 20 Pb Bn. Col. K.S. Mathur congratulated the best cadets for their outstanding performance and dedicated efforts in all the activities assigned to them.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma applauded Kiranjeet Kaur and Harsimran Kaur for their meritorious performance. He stated that they have won this honour for understanding in true letter and spirit the motto of NCC and by ingraining unity and discipline in their lives they have moved a step closer towards nation building. He exhorted them to always abide by the values and tenets learnt during their training and be a source of inspiration to the youth of today. He also praised the dedicated efforts of the ANO Prof. Munish Kumar and 20 Pb Bn for instilling the ideals of discipline and selfless service amongst the cadets.
International Yoga Day
Date: 21 june. 2022
Cadets Participated: 06
Venue: GZSCET Bathinda Organised by 20 PB BN NCC Bathinda
World Cycle Day
Date: 03 June. 2022
Cadets Participated: 60
Venue: DAV College Bathinda
The NCC Cadets of DAV College Bathinda Participate in the Cleanliness Drive of Shaheed Sandeep Singh Statue
As scheduled in the monthly social activity, the NCC cadets of DAV College Bathinda under the supervision of 20 PbBn C.O. Col. K.S. Mathur, participated in the cleanliness drive of Shaheed Sandeep Singh statue at Parasram Nagar, Bathinda . The cadets paid homage to the great martyr who had devoted his whole life to the service of the nation.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma expressed gratitude to 20 Pb Bn for their guidance and supervision. He also appreciated the efforts of ANO Munish Kumar and the NCC cadets for their active participation.
Social Service and Commounity Development Programme (SSCD)
Date: 17 Dec. 2021
Activity: Swach Bharat
Cadets Participated: 26
Venue: DAV College Bathinda
Pre RDC Camp.
Date: 01 Dec. 2021
Cadets Participated: 3
Venue: Ropar Academy
Vigilance Awareness Week:
Date: 27 Oct. 2021
Cadets Participated: 21
Venue: DAV College Bathinda
Date: 07 Oct. to 13 Oct. 2021
Cadets Participated: 14 (SD-08)(SW-06)
Venue: DAV College Bathinda
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2019-20
- NCC cadets Mehak Pal Singh & Shikha Singla of DAV College Bahinda lead as the commanders in Republic day Parade 2020.
- NCC cadets Gagandeep Singh and Ajay Sharma fetch laurels by bagging Gold Medals.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2017-18
Authorized Strength: 55
Total Enrolled Cadets: 53
First Year Enrolled Cadets-19 (13 SD and 06 SW)
Second Year Enrolled Cadets-18 (12 SD and 06 SW)
Third Year Enrolled Cadets-16 (15 SD and 01 SW)
- International Yoga Day Celebrated by Cadets in College Camps on m 21st June 2017.
- A total of 23 cadets participated in the ATC camp held at NCC Academy, Malout. The college topped the medal list and bagged 29 gold and 01 silver model.
- Total of 19 students were selected from the Ist year undergraduate classes, comprising of 13 boys and 6 girls in the NCC enrolment programme for the academic year 2017-18.
- Thaal Sainik Camp (TSC)-2017w.e.f. 01st Jul to 10th Jul 2017 at Govt. Ripudaman College, Nabha. Three cadets were selected namely Cadet Nomesh, Cadet Ramandeep Singh and Cadet Santosh Kumar.
- BEE Certificate result declared Total Pass Cadets :19
- College Applied for NCC Air wing and Navel wing on 13-07-17.
- Thal Sainik Camp(TSC)-2017 at Ropar w.e.f. 08-09 Aug. 2017. Selected Cadets : Deepak Chander and Anil Kumar.
- NCC Enrollment held on 02-08-2017, Lt. Col Himmat Singh, BN Mr. Anil Kumar & GCI Goura Devi Chouhan selected first year cadet for enrollment.
- Tree Plantation Drive held at college camps on 08-08-2017. Col. Surinder Singh Gill, CO & Col. Himmat Singh, Admn Officer are present on this occasion
- Thal Sainik Camp(TSC) held at Ripudaman College, Nabha w.e.f. 10th Aug to 11 Aug. 2017. Three cadets selected : Nomesh, Ramandeep Singh & Deepak Chander.
- Cadet Babita Punia & Cadet Jaskirat Singh attended Best Cadet Competition-2017 at NCC Training School, Ropar w.e.f. 21th Sep to 30th Sep 2017
- Two Articles of Cadet Kalpana Parmar & one article of Cadet Babita Punia are selected for Cadet Journal 2017-18:
- Cadet Deepak Chander attened Thal Sainik Camp-2017 Pre TSC- II at NCC TRG School, Ropar w.e.f. 29-08-17 to 07-09-17. & Pre TSC-III at NCC TRG School, Ropar w.e.f. 08-09-2017 to 17-09-2017.
- RDC Camp held at NCC Trg School, Ropar w.e.f. 03rd Oct to 12th Oct 2017. Cadet Anil Kumar & Cadet Ajit Kumar Dubey attened this camp.
- Lt. Rajesh Batra, ANO &Three Cadet Avtar Singh, Ajay Kumar & Santosh Kumar attended Army Attachement Camp w.e.f. 3rd Oct to 17th Oct 2017.
- Dr. Satinder Kaur & Prof. Neha Sharma are appointed as NCC coordinator for Girls wing.
- RDC Camp held at NCC Trg School, Ropar w.e.f. 23rd Oct. to 1st Nov. 2017. Cadet Deepak Chander & Anil Sharma attended this Camp
- Cadet Babita Punia & Cadet Jaskirat Singh selected for Best Cadet Competition-2017 GP HQ Level at NCC Training School, Ropar w.e.f. 3rd to 12th Oct. 2017.
- Cadet Anil Kumar & Cadet Ajit KumarDubey selected for RDC Camp at NCC Trg Ropar w.e.f. 3rd Oct to 12th Oct 2017.
- Cadet Rupesh Nanda & Cadet Pardeep attended ATC Camp at NCC training School Ropar w.e.f. 10th Dec to 19th 2017.
- 12 Cadets for CEE Exam & 09 Cadets for BEE Exam submitted their form to Bt. Office.
- NCC Cadets participating in Republic Day Parade on 26th Jan 2018 at Multipurpose Sports Stadium Bathinda. Cadet Jaskirat Singh acted as Commander & lead the parade(Boys) &hounred by Hon’ble Brahma Mohindra, Health Minister, Punjab
- Lt. Rajesh Batra attended ANO & CTO Conclave w.e.f. 29th Jan. 2018 to 31st Jan 2018 at GZS PTU Campus Bathinda.
- Cadet Pardeep Kumar attended ATC Camp at NCC Training School Ropar in Jan 2018.
- CEE Certificate Exam held at Khalsa College, Patiala on 11-02-2018. Total 11 Cadets appeared in the Exam.
- BEE Certificate Exam held at GZSCET, Bathinda on 25th Feb 2018. 9 Cadets appeared in the Exam & Lt. Rajesh Batra, ANO performed duty as member of the Board.
- Annual Athletics Meet held on 5th March, 2018 at DAV College, Bathinda. Cadet Jaskirat Singh Grewal lead the Procession, Pilot Duty performed by Cadet Jaskirat Singh Grewal & Anil Kumar.
- NCC Cadets participated in Youth Empowerment Day at Dana Mandi Bathinda on 23rd March, 2018 and took pledge to fight against drug abuse.
- Cadet Sonali Patel & Cadet Shikha Aggarwal gave Guards of Honor’s to Brig. J.S. Machol on 02/07/2018 at 20 PB. NCC Bt. Bathinda.
- NCC week was celebrated in which 28 cadets administered a pledge to fight against the social vices prevalent in the society.
- On the occasion of Armed Force Flag Day, 1500 token flags and one car flag was given by the Deputy Commissioner, Bathinda to the college and these were distributed to public by NCC deptt.
- Under the supervision of the Commanding Officer, Col. Himmat Singh, 20 Pb. Bt. NCC Bathinda in association with Red Cross Bathinda a voluntary Blood Donation Camp is organised.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2016-17
Authorized Strength: 55
Total Enrolled Cadets: 64 (Regular: 53& Left: 11)
First Year Enrolled Cadets-19 (13 SD and 06 SW)
Second Year Enrolled Cadets-24 (21 SD and 01 SW)
Third Year Enrolled Cadets-23 (19 SD and 04 SW)
- CATC Camp at NCCAcademy Malout w.e.f. 18 June to 27 June 2016
Total Cadets: 12(3 SW+9 SD)
- 21st June 2016 International Yoga Day held at GZS PTU Camps, Bathinda & NCC Academy Malout in which 12 cadets participated.Thal Sainik Camp 2016 held at NCC Academy Ropar w.e.f. 21st July to 30th July 2016 Eight Cadets participated (6 SD & 2 SW).
- Visit of Brig. Ashok KumarGroup Commander NCC Group HQ on 1st Aug. 2016 in 20 Punjab Bn. NCC to addressing all ANOs. ANO Lt. Rajesh Batra attended this.
- NCC Cadet Pushpender Singh has been selected for Mountaineering Expedition-2016 to Bhagirathi II (6512 mt. / 21365 ft.) w.e.f. 19th August 2016.
- NCC Enrollment for Ist Year Cadets on 22/08/2016.
- Five Articles were sent for Cadets Journal 2016-17 on 9/09/2016
- NCC Day was Celebrated & NCC Cadets take Oath on this day dated 27/11/2016.
- NCC Dept. in association with Dean Student welfare & NSS organized a function to celebrate Rashtriya Ekta Divas in the memory of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel on 04/11/2016.
- NCC organized a Blood Donation Camp in association with NSS & HDFC Bank on 22/11/16 in College Campus. Total 49 unit’s blood collected.
- Annual Training Camp w.e.f. 25th Nov. 2016 to 4th Dec.2016 held at NCC Academy Malout
Total Cadets -14 (13 SD & 1 SW)
Total Medal Wining-34(Gold-23&Silver-11)
- The cadets brought laurels by bagging 23 gold and 11 silver Medals. A total of 13 cadets participated and topped the medal tally list.
- Lt. Rajesh Batra attended Disaster Management Awareness Program w.e.f. 27th Dec to 29th Dec.,2016 at 20 Pb Bt. NCC Bathinda
- ATC 3 Punjab Air Sqn. NCC Patiala Camp w.e.f. 3rd Jan.2017 to 12th Jan.,2017. One Cadet Participated (1 SD)
- 02 Articles on Mounterring Expedition by SUO Pushpender Singh were selected for Cadet Journal 2016-17.
- The cadets of NCC unit participated in the Synergy Youth Organization Day on 12/01/2017 to mark the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand.
- Cadets Celebrate Youth Organization Day on 16th Jan. 2017& aware the people do cashless transaction.
- 18 Cadets Attended RD (Republic Day) Parade at Multipurpose Sports Stadium, Bathinda. Cadet Jaskirat Singh Grewal selected as Commandeer & took award from Sh. GhanshamThori DC, Bathinda.
- 25th Jan., 2016 NCC Cadets participated in .5 KM “RUN FOR FUN RACE” to aware the people for right to voting.
- 18 NCC Cadets appeared for B’ Certificate Examination at Police Public School Bathinda on 5th Feb., 2017 .
- 5 NCC Cadets appeared for C’ Certificate Examination at Patiala on 12th Feb., 2017.
- NCC Cadets celebrated “World Forestry Day” on 14th March, 2017 at HarraiPur Village. Total 15 Cadets participated.
- NCC Cadets celebrated “World Water day” on 22nd March, 2017 at D.A.V. College, Bathinda along with painting Competition. Cadet Anil Kumar won the first position and two cadets Karamjeet Kaur & Babita Punia jointly adjudged for the second position.
- Two NCC Cadet donated blood at 20 Pb. NCC Bt., Bathinda
- Seven NCC Cadets give Guard of Honour to CO J.S. Makol on 25/05/2017.
- Two NCC Cadets namely Anil Kumar and Ajay Kumar attended TSC Camp from 22-31 May 2017 at NCC Academy Mohali.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2015-16
Authorized Strength: 55
Total Enrolled Cadets: 55
First Year Enrolled Cadets-21 (20 SD and 01 SW)
Second Year Enrolled Cadets-23 (19 SD and 04 SW)
Third Year Enrolled Cadets-11 (09 SD and 02 SW)
- International Day of Yoga: 21st June 2015, GZS PTU Campus, Bathinda Total Participated Cadets: 24 (20 SD and 04 SW)
- Shooting Competition, Ropar: 22nd June to 02nd July 2015 SUO ManoharLal Sharma selected for Intergroup Shooting Competition
- Intergroup Shooting Competition: 3rd July to 12th July, Ropar SUO ManoharLal Sharma attended the camp
- Enrollment of NCC Cadet in August (Session 2015-16) Total Cadets-55 (48 SD and 07 SW)
- SUO ManoharLal Sharma gave Guard of Honour to Brigadier at 20 Pb. Bt. Bathinda, 7th Aug. 2015
- SNIC(Special National Integration Camp) at Leh Ladhak Camp: 07th Aug. to 21st Aug. 2015 and got second position in Inter Directorate Guard of Honour Competition Total Participated Cadets: 06 (06 SD)
- RDC (Republic Day Camp): 7th Aug. to 16th Aug. 2015 , 23 Pb. Bt. Ropar Cadet Ashwani Yadav and Cadet Gurwinder Singh attended the camp. Cadet Ashwani Yadav and Cadet Gurwinder Singh got second position in Inter Battalion Drill Competition.
- Independence Day Parade: Multipurpose Stadium Bathinda Total Participated Cadets-12 (08SD and 04 SW). Cadet Nisha Thakkar selected as Commander and also awarded trophy by Deputy CM, Punjab.
- ATC(Annual Training Camp): 12th Oct to 21st 2015, NCC Academy Malout Total Participated Cadets-11 (08SD and 03 SW) Cadet Arshdeep Singh got Medal for Guard of Honour Cadet Simranjeet Kaur got Medal for Drill Competition Cadet NishaThakkar got Medal for Anchoring
- Cadet Pushpender Singh attended SSB Screening Capsule from 07th Dec to 16th Dec 2015 at NCC Officer Training Academy, Kamptee.
- SUO Manohar Lal and Cadet Jaspreet Sharma were selected as the best cadets in RDC Camp at Nabha.
- Cadet Pushpender Singh selected for SSB Screening Camp at OTA Kamptee, 6th Dec. to 17th Dec 2015.
- NCC Cadets join the Republic Day Parade rehearsal, 13th Jan 2015.
- More than 300 students including NCC Cadets viewed the live telecast of Start up India Programme on 16th Jan 2015 at D.A.V. College, Bathinda.
- Cadet Pushpender Singh selected for Republic Day Parade at RajpathNew Delhi to India Gate and got a Medal from Defense Secretary Manish Dobrial.
- Cadet Simranjeet Kaur got the Honour of leading as Commander and won a trophy for the best Commander. Total Participated Cadets: 12 (09 SD and 03 SW)
- Prof. Rajesh Batra selected for PRCN at Kamptee (Nagpur), 14th Dec 2015 to 12th March 2016
- Cadet Pushpinder Singh scaled the heights of Mt. Kanchanjunga, the third highest peak in the world. He was the lead climber of the group of 13 climbers.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2014-15
Total Enrolled NCC Cadets-44
First Year Enrolled Cadets-28 (23 Boys and 5 Girls)
Second Year Enrolled Cadets-16 (12 Boys and 4 Girls)
1. Army Attachment Camp: 13th Jan to 27th Jan 2014, Patiala.
Total Participated Cadets-8 (8 Boys)
2. Cadet Jagmeet Singh won Punjab State NCC Merit Certificate for participation in Republic Day Parade New Delhi 2014 and Prime Minister Rally at New Delhi as member of NCC Directorate Contingent from Punjab State.
3. TSC (Thal Sena Camp) Camp:23rd June to 2nd July 2014, Ropar.
Total Participated Cadets-9(7 Boys and 2 Girls)
In this camp cadet Manohar Lal Sharma selected for TSC Camp, Delhi and selected as Commander and awarded Trophy by Director General. He was the only Cadet from Punjab who was awarded this trophy.
4. Inter Group Shooting Camp: 30th June to 12th July 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-1(1 Boy)
5. TSC (Thal Sena Camp) Camp: 30th July to 8th Aug 2014, Ropar.
Total participated Cadets-3(3 Boys)
6. CATC(Combined Annual Training Camp): 30th July to 8th Aug 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-8(6 Boys and 2 Girls)
7. Independence Day 2014 Participation
Total Participated Cadets-15 (10 Boys and 5 Girls)
Cadet Nisha Thakkar selected as Commander and also awarded trophy by Deputy CM Punjab.
8. Enrollment of NCC Cadet in August 2014
Total Cadets -44(35 Boys and 9 Girls).
9. TSC (Thal Sena Camp) Camp:19th Aug to 28th Aug 2014, Ropar
Total Participated Cadets-2(2 Boys)
10. CATC (Combined Annual Training Camp): 11th Oct to 20th Oct 2014, Ropar Total Participated Cadets-4(1 Boy and 3 Girls)
i. Cadet Nisha Thakkar got first Position in Solo Dance and Basketball in this camp. ii. Cadet Simranjeet Kaur got First Position in Running and Second Position in Solo Dance in this camp.
11. SSB Screening Course: 15th Dec to 24th Dec, Ota Kamptee
Total Participated Cadet-1(1 Boy)
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2013-14
1. Jagmit Singh (B.A-I) participated in the Republic day Parade at New Delhi organized by 20 PbBnNCC, Bathinda.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2012-13
1. Participation in Annual Training Camp: 25th June to 4th July 2012 2. Participation in the Republic Day Parade, New Delhi: Amandeep Singh and Kamaljit Singh, B.Sc.-1 Yearwere selected.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2011-12
1. Participation in ATC Camp, NabhaSangrur: 3rdJan to 19thJan, 15students were selected. 2. B and C certificate Exam: 3 Students, namely AnrejSingh,Jagseer Singh and LovejinderSinghappeared in the exam inFeb 2011. 3. Annual Camp at Sri Dhashmesh Sr. Sec. School, Talwandi Sabo: 25th Sep to 4th Oct, 21students participated in the combined annual camp. 4. ATC Camp at ShriDhasmesh Sr. sec School,Talwandi Sabo: Participation from 15th Oct to 24th Oct. 5. Blood Donation Camp,D.A.V College: Organized by N.C.C volunteers, 21stNov. to 26thNov. 6. All India Trekking Expedition at GZS College of Eng. and Tech.: 4th Oct. - 17th Oct., 4 students, namely, JaspreetSharma,MukeshKumar,Kiranjeet Singh and Pankaj Kumar participated. 7. RDC Camp at Central UniversityComplex,Ghudda: 15th Oct to 24th Oct., 2 students participated. 8. Opening Ceremony of New Raising Unit Punjab (R and V SQN NCC Ghudda):26th Nov 9. ThalSainik Camp: 25thJuly to 27thJuly, 1 student got selected. 10. North Zone Shooting Coaching Capsule, conducted at SKR Physical College,Kharar (Mohali): 23rd May to 26th May,2 students were selected.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2010-11
1. Republic Day Parade, New Delhi: Two students Satwinder Singh and HardeepSingh,B.A-I Year were selected for participation in the parade.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2008-09
1. Two Cadets attended Annual Training Camp organized by 20 PbBt. NCC Bathinda
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2007-08
1. Cadet Varunwas a member of the Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pardesh and Chandighar NCC Containment at the Republic Day Parade at New Delhi 2. CadetVarunDhingra Attended Youth Exchange Programme(YEP) in Singapore in Dec.,2007 3. Cadet VarunDhingra selected as Pilot Officer in the Indian Air Force 4. Sgt. Sanjay Kumar has been adjudged as the best NCC Cadet for the Year 2007-08 for bringing laurels at the institute at the All India Basic Leadership Camp held at Barauni(Bihar) 5. Major N.K.Gosain NCC Officer deserve appreciation for providing committed guidance to the NCC Unit.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2006-07
1. NCC Cadets attended Annual Training Camp (ATC) in July, 2006 at Mansa. 2. NCC Cadets attended Annual Training Camp (ATC) in July, 2006 at Mansa. 3. NCC Cadets attended Army Attachment Camp in Nov., 2006 at Sangrur.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2005-06
1. Cadet EkantMongaattended Republic Day Camp held in 26th Jan. 2006 at New Delhi as a member of NCC Contingent of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pardesh and Chandighar. 2. Cadet Manish Kumar Commanded Senior Division NCC Containgent that participated in Independence Day and Repulice Day Parade held at Sports Stadium Bathinda apart from him 20 NCC Cadets look part in these ceremonial parade. 3. 12 NCC Cadets led by Major N.K.Gosainattended Combined Annual Traning Camp at Chhapianwali (Malout) from 18th to 29th July 2005. 4. 2 Cadets participated in the All India Basic Leadership Camp held at Shalapur (Maharashtra) from 12th Nov. to 23rd Nov. 2005. Sgt. Manjit Singh Bagged Bronze Medal in the Firing Competition organized in the Camp. 5. 9 NCC Cadets attended Army attachment Camp with 13 Mechanisedinfantyunit located at Sangrur from 15th to 26th Nov. 2005. 6. 5 NCC Cadets look part in All India National Integration Camp held at Ujjan from 19th to 30th Nov. 2005. 7. A Blood Donation Camp was organized by 20 Pb. Bt. NCC Bathinda on 22nd Nov. 2005 in which 17 Cadets of this college donated blood. 12 NCC Cadets donated blood in the Blood Donation Camp held at Engineering College Chapianwali during Combined Annual Traning Camp. 8. Result of ‘CEE’ and ‘BEE’ certificate Examination held in Feb. 2005 was 100% & 85 % respectively.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2004-05
1. NCC Cadets attended Annual Training Camp(ATC) at Bringkhera (Muktsar). 2. NCC Cadets attended Army Attachment Camp at Sangrur. 3. Cadet Manish Kumar participant in the Republic Day Parade as part of the RDC-2005 at New Delhi 26 Jan. 2005.
NCC Activities/Achievements for Year 2003-04
1. NCC Cadets attended CATC at ITI Bathinda. 2002-03 1. NCC Cadet attended CATC at Bathinda 2. NCC Cadet attended CATC at NCC Bt. Patiala. 3. NCC Cadet attended trekking Camp at Gujrat.