Profile: To conduct all curricular and extra-curricular activities smoothly a student society, namely ‘Economics Students’ Society’ has been constituted.
|S. No.||Designation||Name||Class||Roll No.||Contact No.|
|1||President||Ashanpreet Kaur||B.A. – III||4330||6283116016|
|2||Vice-President||Sahil||B.A. – II||4100||9501426750|
|3||Secretary||Kuljeet Kaur||B.A. – III||4333||8968465046|
|4||Vice-Secretary||Radhika||B.A. – I||3119||8360421621|
|5||Finance-Secretary||Himanshu Bansal||B.A. – I||3174||9872632460|
It is imperative for any college to provide opportunities for students to pursue their personal, professional and academic goals in student-led organizations. Keeping this in view, the society aims to enhance their educational experience, students are encouraged to participate in group activities that allow them to develop personal and professional relationships, learn leadership and organizational skills, and serve the community.
1 Dr. Surinder K.Singla, HOD, Deptt. of Economics fetched a Research Project on topic “Female Domestic Workers in Punjab: A Socio-Economic Analysis” from ICSSR on 14th July, 2016.
- The students are quite enthusiastic to organize and participate in various activities planned by the department of economics. They have participated in Slogan Writing Competition on War and Peace on 9th March, 2022.
Department of Economics organised an online extension lecture on topic “Union Budget 2022: Challenges and Implications” by Prof. (Dr.) Sharanjit Singh Dhillon, Ex-Registrar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar on February 09, 2022.
Department of Economics organised an online extension lecture on topic “Intellectual Property Rights: Importance and Role in Today’s Era” by Dr. Priti Khetarpal, School of Health Sciences, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda on January 22, 2022.
Department of Economics organised an extension lecture on topic Challenges Facing Indian Economy by Prof. (Dr.) Harsh Gandhar, University School of Open Learning, Panjab University, Chandigarh on April 15, 2019.
- Thirty three(33) students of Economics Department participated in National Conference on topic Revisiting India-East Asia Connections: Problems and Prospects organised by Department of Economic Studies, Central University of Punjab on March 7-8, 2019.
- The students are quite enthusiastic to organize and participate in various activities planned by the department of economics. Recently, they have participated in an open discussion and quiz on Union Budget – 2018 on 22nd March, 2018.
- Department of Economics organized a National Seminar on topic “Agricultural Crisis and Farmers’ Distress in Punjab” on 10th March, 2017. The seminar was sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi.
- Students are motivated to participate in various competitions in adjoining institutions. Our students participated and won various positions in different competitions organized by Akal University, Talwandi Sabo.
- Deptt. of Economics organized an Extension Lecture by a renowned economist Dr. Sucha Singh Gill on topic ” Globalization and Indian Economy” on 10th April, 2016.
- Students of Economics participated in panel discussion and quiz competition on Union Budget 2016 on 10th March, 2016.