DAV College Bathinda organized a cycle rally on September 29, 2022 to observe the 115thbirth anniversary of Shaheed Bhagat Singh. The rally was flagged off by Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma. The rally started from the college gate, the cyclists rode till Chaudhary Gate (Barnala Road) and ended the rally back at the college gate. Registrar Dr. Satish Grover and Staff Secretary Prof. Kuldeep Singh were also present on the occasion and participated enthusiastically alongwith the faculty, staff and students in the cycle rally. Refreshment was served to the cyclists on the completion of the rally.
Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma on the occasion stated that the rally was organized with a focus on the youth of the country to make them recall the brave stories and the sacrifices made by the gallant martyr Bhagat Singh in India’s freedom movement. He applauded the efforts made by Prof. Rajesh Batra in organizing this rally.
One week Yoga Camp was organized by the NSS and NCC units of DAV College Bathinda, in the college premises from October 27- November 2, 2022 (5.30 a.m- 6.30 am) concluded in a befitting manner. Sh. Dalip Kumar Nandan (Executive Engineer, Retd.), Sh. Om Pal Tomar (Yoga Expert), Ms. Ritu Tomar (Incharge, Natural Yoga Vigyan Sansthan, Bathinda) and Prof. Rajesh Batra (Yoga Coordinator) were the yoga instructors under whose guidance the participants performed yoga asanas, pranayam and meditation techniques. The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma, Registrar Dr. Satish Grover and Yoga Coordinator Prof. Rajesh Batra felicitated the esteemed yoga instructors and expressed gratitude to them.
The camp witnessed an overwhelming participation of the students, teaching, non-teaching staff members, their family members and friends. The Yoga coordinator Prof. Rajesh Batra stated that Yoga is not merely restricted to the session, but is the most scientific and effective way of living, throughout the day. Citing an example of the dedication of the participants, Prof. Batra stated that Sh. Jagan Nath Bansal at the age of 88 performed all the yoga asanas and was a great source of motivation for all. The participants attending this yoga camp have certainly and understood that yoga postures, Pranayama and meditation are effective techniques to release stress.
The Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma expressed gratitude to the yoga instructors and the yoga coordinator Prof. Rajesh Batra for conducting the yoga camp. He appreciated the participants for religiously attending the camp and experiencing a harmonious blend of physical, mental, psychological and spiritual aspect. He further stated that keeping in view the overwhelming response on Yoga Camp, yoga classes will continue in the college campus from 5.30 am to 6.30 am daily and has extended an invitation to the general public to make the best use of this opportunity. He motivated the staff and conveyed the importance of making yoga an integral part of our daily life by extending the practice of yoga beyond the mat.
- The NSS Deptt. of DAV College Bathinda organised an Awareness campaign on “Excessive Use of Antibiotics” on Nov. 20, 2019. The students and the staff were informed about the awareness app launched by World Health Organisation to minimise the use of excessive use of antibiotics. They were informed that a common man can use this app by putting in information regarding his health, diseases, symptoms and seek advice.
A Poster making competition was also held on the occasion.
18 students participated in this competition. Lisa (BSc(M) -III) bagged 1st position, Anamika (BA-I) stood second and Chanchal (BA-I) got third position.
The Principal Dr. Sanjeev Sharma praised the NSS Programme Officers for organising this awareness programme.
- NSS unit participated in ‘SHANTI MARCH’ on Oct. 02, 2019 being organized by District Administration, Bathinda to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi ji. This SHANTI MARCH started from Improvement Trust Office and finished at Rose Garden. It was flagged off by Hon’ble Finance Minister Punjab Sr. Manpreet Singh Badal. 18 NSS volunteers along with NSS Programme Officers Prof. Satish Grover and Prof. Anuja Puri participated in this.
- NSS unit of the college organized an awareness lecture on Sept. 30, 2019 on “Anaemia Prevention and Balanced Diet” by Dr. Manparvesh Singh Chahal, Consultant Dietician, Care Hospital, Bathinda. Dr. Chahal discussed in detail about the eating patterns and the health of growing girls. He called nature as the best medicine and reiterated use of coconut oil, turmeric, cinnamon, curry leaves and other such natural products to improve our memory and increase our immunity. 16 faculty members along with 75 NSS volunteers participated in the lecture. The Principal Dr. Sanjeev Sharma appreciated the NSS unit for organizing such lectures which aim of improving the health of the students and the staff.
- NSS department of DAV College of Bathinda organised the live telecast of, a nation wide initiative launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Sh. Narender Modi on 29 August 2019. 54 students enthusiastically and intently listen to the speech by the PM. A Fitness pledge was also administered to the staff and the students, wherein they pledged to maintain the healthy lifestyle and participate in sports. The Principal Dr. Sanjeev Sharma, Vice Principal Prof. Parveen Garg, Local Committee Chairman Dr. K.K.Noria, NSS Programme Officers along with 16 faculty members participated in this program.
- 5th International Yoga Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm under the banner of NSS deptt. on 21st June,2019. Yog Guru Radhey Sham Bansal, President Yog Sewa Samiti and Prof. N.K.Gosain- Chairmain Yog Sewa Samiti, Bathinda graced the occasion. Yog Guru guided the participants revealing benefits of different ‘Yogasans’ for different health problems. The Principal Dr. Sanjeev Sharma made an appeal to the participants to make Yoga a part of their daily life for physical and mental health. 57 NSS Volunteers and 16 faculty members (teaching and non-teaching) joined the occasion and availed the benefits of Yoga.