” निज भाषा उन्नति अहै, सब उन्नति को मूल, बिन निज भाषा ज्ञान के, मिटत न हिय के सूल “
डी.ए.वी.कॉलेज ,बठिण्डा का हिंदी विभाग महाविद्यालय के स्थापना वर्ष सन् 1969 से ही क्रियान्वन है। हिंदी विषय में छात्रों की रूचि के कारण शिक्षार्थियों की गणना में वृद्धि होती रही है। शिक्षार्थियों का ज्ञानवर्द्धन करता , साहित्य के प्रति छात्रों की रूचि संवर्द्धन करता हिंदी विभाग नव्य कीर्तिमानों का संस्पर्शन करता रहा है। ‘पल्लवन हिंदी साहित्यिक संघ’ के रूप में हिंदी विषय की समिति छात्रों की मौलिक व सृजनात्मकता को उभारने में महती भूमिका का निर्वहन करेगी। हिंदी विभाग से सेवानिवृत्त श्री योगराज व डॉ.सुमीता बाघला द्वारा पल्लवित व पुष्पित यह विभाग वर्तमान समय में सहायक प्राध्यापक मोनिका घुल्ला के नेतृत्व में उन्नति कर रहा है।
लक्ष्य व उदेदश्य :—
1. छात्रों को राष्ट्रीय भाषा व हिंदी साहित्य के प्रति रूचि बढ़ाना ।
2. वैश्वीकरण के युग में हिंदी भाषा में हो रहे तकनीकी विकास की जानकारी छात्रों को देना व उनके प्रयोग पर बल देना ।
3. मौलिक व सृजनात्मक कौशलों का विकास।
Those who Served the Department
|Prof, Yog Raj
|Dr. Sumita Baghla
Faculty of the Department
|Dr. Monika Ghulla
Student Enrichment Programmes :-
DAV College Bathinda Celebrates Hindi Diwas
Department of Hindi, in collaboration with the Arya Smaj Committee organizes, Poetry Recitation Competition to celebrate Hindi Diwas. The students of Hindi literature participated zealously and recited poems to commemorate the dignity of our national language. Dr. Manpreet Kaur from the Department of Hindi elaborated on the constitutional placement of Hindi as an official language. She informed the students about the relevance of Hindi language not only at National, but also at International level.
The Principal, Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma appreciated the efforts made by the teachers and the students to observe this day gracefully. He applauded the participants and encouraged them for participation in the forthcoming events. The stage was managed by Dr. Manpreet Kaur.
Harsh, from BA II was declared first, Dheeraj from BA I secured second position and Anchal from BA I achieved the third rank. The judges of the event Dr.Vandhana Jindal and Dr.Neetu Purohit announced Consolation prizes to Yash and Anmol Garg. Vice Principal Prof. Parveen Kumar Garg and Registrar, Dr. Satish Grover graced the occasion with their presence. Dr. Sandeep Bhatia, Prof. Ravinder Singh, Dr. Prabhjot Kaur and Dr. Satinder Kaur were present in the function.
DAV College Bathinda Organises Multilingual Translation Workshop
The Department of Hindi and Arya Samaj Committee of DAV College Bathinda hosted a workshop on “Multilingual Translation” on 10.12.2022 on the occasion of “Bhartiya Bhasha Diwas”. Dr. Brahmaved Sharma (Retd. Prof. & Head, Department of Hindi, DAV College Malout) was the resource person on the occasion. The distinguished guest was extended a floral welcome by Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma, Vie Principal Prof. Parveen Kumar Garg, Department of Hindi Dr. Monika Ghulla and the Arya Samaj Committee members. Dr. Monica Ghulla read the bio-note of Dr. Brahmaved Sharma.
Principal Dr. Rajeev Kumar Sharma stated that Subramania Bharati Jayanti is observed as Bharatiya Bhasha Diwas and extended best wishes to the audience on the occasion. He further stated that India is a land of diverse cultures, many languages are spoken here, and 22 languages have been included in the eighth schedule of the Indian Constitution.
- The Department of Hindi in collaboration with the Arya Samaj Committee celebrated Swami Virjanand’s Jayanti by organizing a poem recitation competition. 15 students of B.A, B.Com, BBA, PGDCA participated enthusiastically in the event. They recited beautiful and motivational poems on varied themes, like that of pathos, patriotism, and social issues.
- To seek the blessings of the Almighty, DAV College Bathinda solemnised a Hawan Yajna on August 23, 2022 to mark the commencement of the academic session. The Hawan-Yajna was sanctified with the recitation of gayatri and vedic mantras. The arrangements for the yajna were made by the Department of Hindi and Arya Samaj Committee and was attended by the faculty members and the students of the college.
- The Departments of Hindi and Punjabi of DAV College Bathinda under the banner of “Ek Bharata Shreshtha Bharata” organized a Sanskritik Mela 2022 (Cultural Fair) on May 14, 2022. The rich cultural heritage of various states was exhibited in the fair.
- The Department of Hindi , DAV College Bathinda organized a one day webinar on “Vimarshon Ki Paridhi Mein Hindi Sahitya Ka Vikas” via Google Meet on 26.02.2022. The resource person on the occasion was Dr. Hardeep Singh, Head, Department of Hindi, Central University of Sikkim. The webinar witnessed the participation of 90 participants from various states.
- On the occasion of Mahatma Hansraj’s death anniversary, the Department of Hindi and Arya Samaj Unit of DAV College Bathinda organised a Hawan Yajna on November 17, 2021.
- Extension Lecture topic on “Hindi, Sahitya or Jiwan” on ” Hindi Diwas”was delivered by Dr. Ravi Datt Koshik, Retire Prof. Deptartment of Hindi,Punjabi University Patiala on 11 Sept., 2021
- Extension Lecture topic on “Hindi Bhasha or Sahitya ” on ” Hindi Diwas”was delivered by Dr. Haprdeep Singh, Retire Prof. Deptartment of Hindi, SCD Govt. College, Ludhiana on 14 Sept., 2020.
- Hindi Diwas was Celebrated by organized different activities like Nukkad Natak and Creative Items .
- The Department of Hindi and the Arya Samaj Unit of DAV College Bathinda paid a tribute to Mahatma Anand Swami on his death anniversary by reciting mantras and poems.
- Extension Lecture on “sahityakar v paterkarita k smaj ko den “was delivered by Dr. Ajay Sharma, hindi writer and editor, danik savera magzine on 21st Feb., 2019
- Extension Lecture on “vishav hindi diwas”was delivered by Dr. Sanjeev Sharma, Principal , DAV college,Bathinda on 10 Jan., 2018.
- Extension Lecture topic on “vyavhar mein hindi ke vilakshanta” on ” Hindi Diwas”was delivered by Dr. Kiran Grover, H.O.D , P.G deptartment of hindi, DAV college,Abohar on 14 Sept., 2017.
- Extension Lecture on ” Hindi Diwas”was delivered by Dr. Ravi Dutt Koshish, Punjabi University ,Patiala on 14 Sept., 2016.
- Extension Lecture topic on “aadunik hindi sahitya ka samajik peripekshya ” on ” Hindi Diwas”was delivered by Dr. Rajinder Kumar Sain, Asst. Professor , Centre University of Punjab,Bathinda on 17 Mar., 2016.