To generate interest of the students in the field of literature and provide a platform to English Literature enthusiasts for brain storming sessions, a Literary Society has been constituted by the Department of English. The society conducts many literary activities in the campus throughout the year.
To raise literary standards amongst the student fraternity and equip them with requisite skills and confidence, in order to use English as an effective tool in conveying ideas.
- To provide platform for articulating thoughts.
- To hone communication skills of the youth.
- To develop a discerning eye for proper use and knowledge of the language.
- To bring the latent talent to fore through the sphere of literature.
The students of English Literature and English Hons are the office bearers and members of this society.
English Literary Society
Incharge: Prof. Satish Grover
|President||Khushveer Kaur||6313||MA II|
|Vice President||Amandeep Kaur||6203||MA II|
|Secretary||Prabhpreet||4436||BA III English Elective|
|Joint Secretary||Vivek Monga||3988||BA II English Elective|
|Finance Secretary||Onkar||4224||BA II English Elective|
Incharge: Prof. Neha Sharma
|President||Priyanka Dalpati||4508||BA III English Elective|
|Vice President||Diksha||4507||BA III English Elective|
|Secretary||Chikshu||3903||BA II English Elective|
|Joint Secretary||Rozy||3806||BA II English Elective|
|Finance Secretary||Bandhanpreet Kaur||3968||BA II English Elective|
Activities of Literary Society
- The English Literary Society of DAV College Bathinda organised a Story Telling Competition to bring forth the narratorial skills of the students. Drug Abuse and Mobile Phones were the themes of the competition. The students of all streams participated in the competition and spellbound the audience with their art of narration. The students narrated stories ranging from their real life incidents, to the victims of the causes of this addiction and obsession, to a few imaginative stories. The first prize in the competition was bagged by Vaibhav (BBA I), second prize was won by Dashmeet Kaur (BA I) and the third prize was given to Arshdeep Kaur (BCA I). (22.10.19)
- With a view to inculcate love for books amongst the students, Readers’ Club of Pg Department of English organized a Book Review session on 05-04-2019.
- A Poem recitation competition was organized by litrary society on 05-04-2019, having various themes as Women Empowerment,Friendship,Female Foeticide,,life ‘s Philosophy to Individualism and Nature.
- Screened movie show of “ life o 0f Pie “,a survival drama film based on Yann Martel ‘s 2001 novel of the same name on 4-4-2019
- In order to enthuse a positive spirit amongst the students, the English literacy Society under the aegis of PG Department of English screened a movie show of Rhonda Byrne’s The Secret”. The students turned up in large number and stated that watching the movie was an amazing experience for them and they could feel a surge of energy flowing through their veins. Dr. H.S. Arora said that the movie lays bare the coveted secret of how you can manifest exactly what you want from your life. On the occasion were present the Principal, vice principal, Staff Secretary and Faculty of the College.
- A Quiz Competition was organized for the students of MA English on March 14, 2018. The students participated enthusiastically in the competition and displayed a keen sense of interest in various epochs of English literature. In MA I, team B comprising of Pooja, Sukhman and Rupinder was the winning team. In MA II, team B comprising of Kamal, Raman and Navjot was the winning team.
- Declamation Competition organized on April 12, 2017 on the topic “Importance of English at Global Level”.
- Screening of the Movie “Jane Eyre” based on Charlotte Bronte’s novel on 24th Nov.,2017.
- Screening of the Movie ‘A Doll’s House’ based on Henrik Ibsen’s play on 22nd Apr.,2017
Two days educational tour to Chandigarh and Kasauli was organized for the students of MA English.