Nodal Officer : Prof. Anuja Puri
- The Red Ribbon Club of DAV College Bathinda organised an Awareness campaign on “Excessive Use of Antibiotics” on Nov. 20, 2019. The students and the staff were informed about the awareness app launched by World Health Organisation to minimise the use of excessive use of antibiotics. They were informed that a common man can use this app by putting in information regarding his health, diseases, symptoms and seek advice.
A Poster making competition was also held on the occasion.
18 students participated in this competition. Lisa (BSc(M) -III) bagged 1st position, Anamika (BA-I) stood second and Chanchal (BA-I) got third position.
The Principal Dr. Sanjeev Sharma praised the Red Ribbon Club Coordinator Prof. Anuja Puri for organising this awareness programme.
- Red Ribbon Club along with Tobacco Control Unit organized a seminar on Oct. 10, 2019 on Tobacco Control under the banner of National Tobacco Control Programme (NTCP) launched by the Government of India. The resource persons on the occasion were Dr. Anupama Sharma, Asst. Civil Surgeon, Civil Hospital, Bathinda and Sh. Jagtar Singh, Mass Media Officer.
- Prof. Anuja Puri, Coordinator Red Ribbon Club Participated in a one day district level workshop organized by Assistant Office Director, Youth Services, Bathinda at Akal University, Talwandi Sabo on Sep. 16,2019.
- To commemorate 38th death anniversary of the Freedom Fighter Lala Jagat Narain on September 09, 2019, Red Ribbon Club of DAV College in association with Punjab Kesari Group, Bathinda organized Blood Donation Camp. In order to encourage the students and the blood donors, the distinguish guest present on the occasion were Dr. Nanak Singh(SSP, Bathinda City), Sh. Arunjit Gill(Chairman, Congress Bathinda), Sh. Balwinder Sharma (Bureau of Jagwani), Sh. Vijay Verma(Bureau of Punjab Kesari), Dr. Rajinder(BTO, Bathinda) and DAV Local Committee Chairman Dr. K.K. Nohria. The Students and the staff of the college donated 45 units of blood voluntarily. Refreshment was also provided to the blood donors. On this occasion, the Principal Dr. Sanjeev Sharma appreciated the blood donors and praised the efforts of NSS Programme Officers for this noble cause. Dr. Sharma stated that the gift of blood is the gift of life, and one should voluntarily come forward and donate blood which provides immense satisfaction.
- The Red Ribbon Club along with NSS unit observed Youth Empowerment Day in the campus on March 23, 2019. On this occasion various competitions like poster making, singing patriotic songs and poem recitation were organized. 23 students participated wholeheartedly in the poster making competition and 15 students presented patriotic songs and poems. The first, second and third positions were won by Kajal Kumari, Shabnam and Kahkasha and Veenakshi resp. in the poster making.
- Red Ribbon Club participated in a one day district level workshop organized by Assistant Office Director, Youth Services, Bathinda at RPC Degree College, Behman Diwana on March 06, 2019. Six volunteers of Red Ribbon Club participated in this workshop. Three of them donated blood and three participated in the poster making competition. Karandeep Singh (B.Sc.-III NM) bagged first position and Kajal Kumari (B.Com-III) stood third.
- .NSS Deptt. .organisd extension lecture on “Cancer Awareness “ on 26-02-2019.Dr. M.k.Mahajan ,director and Dr. Richika GUPTA ,pathologist ,ACI, Bathinda created awareness
- Red Ribbon Club observed Worlds AIDS Day on Dec. 04, 2018.
- To commemorate 550th Birthday of Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji, Red Ribbon Club in association with HDFC Bank organized Blood Donation Camp on Nov. 21, 2018. The students and the staff of the college donated 40 units of blood voluntarily.
- Red Ribbon Club conducted a rally under Environment Consciousness Drive in order to spread awareness about the ills of the stubble burning amongst the farmers on Oct. 29, 2018. 30 volunteers participated in the campaign.
- Red Ribbon Club earmarked a Charity Point in the college, where the students and the staff of the college can donate clothes, utensils, stationary and other things of daily needs for the deprived people on Sept. 21, 2018.
- Red Ribbon Club carried out a Tree Plantation Drive in the college campus on Sept. 20, 2018.